DIRECTOR OF PRODUCT
She Matters is looking for a Director of Product to join our team. Our startup is launching an industry-changing digital health platform inclusive of a learning management system that focuses on improving health outcomes for postpartum Black mothers who experience comorbidities as well as pairing them with culturally competent health care professionals.
This is an exciting opportunity for anyone interested in playing a formative role in an early stage company founded by two Black women on a mission to disrupt the current healthcare system. This role will be hands-on and responsible for maintaining the strategic focus of the project and is in charge of turning our concept into reality.
This role will involve developing the LMS and mobile application.
You would have extensive experience in software development or web applications and/or mobile native apps. You need to be a highly technical person to lead the development of the products. It would be highly desirable if you had experience in the digital health space or educational technology industry.
We are looking for people who take ownership and responsibility for their actions, are exceptionally capable and competent, motivated, enthusiastic and positive, are able to work independently, have great ideas, are able to work in a fast moving and fast changing environment, get stuff done and have a bias for action. We’re looking for the right person to start as soon as possible.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with the CEO to define, prioritize and realize the product roadmap
- Recruit and manage engineering and development team members (in-house or outsourced)
- Develop and meet key performance indicators
- Discover and implement new technologies that establish competitive advantage
- Research and document clear user stories and specifications (use cases, user flows, etc), including business rules, logic, and data requirements
- Communicate and present concepts to internal and external stakeholders
- Create product specifications and collaborate with the engineering team to plan and sequence out tasks for incremental development milestones.
- Maintain quality of product through bug tracking, reporting, and management.
- Ability to work on projects both collaboratively as a part of a multi-disciplinary team and individually
- Lead Roadmap Process and Operations; balancing strategic initiatives and improvement features
- 3 to 5 years experience in software architecture and personally building digital products from early-stage through to scaling and maturity
- You’ve managed, mentored, and inspired a small team of engineers providing architectural guidance, code reviews, etc.
- Deep knowledge of full-stack modern development practices (ex: DevOps, APIs)
- Experience in project management to ensure timely deliverables
- Understanding and strong interest Learning Management System technologies
- Passion for evolving and improving product
- Superb communication and organizational skills
- Track record of proactive project management
- Ability to listen carefully and execute within changing priorities
- Knowledge of software development methodologies and tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extreme attention to detail, organized and proficient with scheduling and prioritizing
- Up to date on digital trends
What’s In It For You
- First employee at a Femtech Digital Health startup
- Incredible opportunity to help build a social impact startup from the early days
- Hands-on projects with high impact and incredible learning
- Close mentorship from CEO and COO
- Networking opportunities and exposure to board members and advisors
- Opportunities to grow and expand your team role and position as the company grows
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time-Off
- 401K Plan
About She Matters
We believe that the physical and mental health of Black mothers can be improved through addressing the communication and relationship between provider and patient as well as minimizing the negative stigma of mental illness within the Black community.
Founded in 2019, She Matters is a digital health platform designed to support Black mothers who experience postpartum comorbidities through providing access to culturally competent healthcare providers, culturally relevant resources, and community. We also train healthcare professionals on how to become better resources for Black mothers through our culturally competent certification.
She Matters is the only digital health platform that offers a culturally competent certification tailored to the specific nuances and challenges related to being a Black woman. While creating the curriculum we focused on several key factors: reducing postpartum maternal mortality statistics, increasing return visits for Black mothers, and improving the relationship between provider and patient.
Click HERE to apply.